Trump: An Editorial

Morgan Herzog, Features Reporter

Would you vote for someone to be President if he had no political experience? Or someone who refuses to publically disavow white supremacy groups? This man supports violence and looks down upon other races. He is a joke and needs to stick with being a television host. Donald
Trump will not make “America great again.”

Another word for Trump would be hypocrite. He does all of the things he says he is against. For example, he does not want illegal immigrants coming to the U.S. from Mexico, but he brings in these illegal immigrants to work in his hotels. Also, he has a clothing line. Those clothes come from Mexico and China.

On the other hand, there are fans who promote Trump at the rally’s and there are protestors who are against Trump. Both voices want to be heard. At these rallies, Trump promotes physical violence. Trump once said, “ I’d like to punch him in the face.” Is that really how people want the country to be run?

Someone who has filed bankruptcy multiple times and does not learn from his mistakes the first go around obviously does not maintain much common sense. Also, most of his wealth comes from his father. He inherited a majority of his money, as well as receiving money
from being a celebrity.

Not only are these many reasons Donald Trump should not be the next President, but there are other candidates who are more qualified.

In the Republican party, there are three other candidates who fit this description: John Kasich, Marco Rubio, and Ted Cruz. All three of these gentlemen are currently political leaders. Cruz has been the Senator of Texas since 2013. Rubio has been
the senator of Florida since 2010. Also, Kasich has been the governor of Ohio since 2010. Donald Trump is a business man with no political experience at all. So, maybe Trump should start out running for city council and work his way up learning and growing
politically. All of the other republican candidates have been doing this for years which is why they are more qualified.

At the end of the day, I am still undecided, but I know with 100 % certainty that I am not voting for Donald Trump. Donald Trump should not be America’s next President. He’s viewed as a racist, sexist, TV show host, and supporter of violence. Are those the qualities that make a great President?