Homecoming Events

Micah Preston, Sports Writer

It is Homecoming Week, and there are many activities going on. On Tuesday, voting polls were open to vote for this year’s Homecoming Court. In addition to voting for a campus event, students can also donate clothing that will go to need people to get through the upcoming winter weather.

On Wednesday, the second round of voting for Homecoming Court was held in the Rotunda. Also, every student was encouraged to wear purple to represent school colors and school spirit. Also, free cupcakes were given out to everyone who showed up to the Rotunda. Last, Lady Panther’s volleyball team hosted  Kentucky State University and walked away with the victory.

On Thursday, the third round of voting for Homecoming Court took place in the Rotunda, along with The Red Flag Campaign. The Red Flag Campaign is a project of the Virginia Sexual & Domestic Violence Action Alliance, Virginia’s leading voice on sexual and intimate partner violence. The student-led event took place Thursday, October 22 at noon in Rogers Hall.  Refreshments were served. Also, the Panther men’s soccer team hosted University of Alderson Broadus from West Virginia for their Senior Night. In addition, the Lady Panther’s soccer team took on Alderson Broadus for their Senior Night following the men’s game. Everyone was strongly encouraged to go out and support these teams.

Friday was the fourth and final day of voting for Homecoming Court, which was held in the Rotunda. Lady Panther’s volleyball team hosted Brescia University for an exciting match after coming off a win Wednesday against Kentucky State University. Last, there was a bonfire in the quad following the volleyball game for students to enjoy s’mores and  the company of their fellow students and alumni.

On Saturday activities started at noon with men’s soccer team taking on Davis & Elkins College in an early match. Next at 1 p.m.,  the Homecoming football game starts as the football team takes on Louisiana College. At halftime, Homecoming Prince & Princess and King & Queen were crowned at midfield. At 2:30 the Lady Panthers soccer team will take on Davis & Elkins College to round out your sports activities for the day.