Panther Football Update

Brian Thomas, Sports Writer

In the past week the Panthers hosted Davidson Wildcats 14-7 in overtime at Davidson, N.C. on Saturday afternoon.

After a scoreless first quarter, the Wildcats scored shortly after the second period began on a one-run by Jeffrey Keil and a Trevor Smith kick to take the lead 7-0.The Panthers responded in the third quarter with a 25-yard pass from Oliver Dalton to Marcel Malone and a Cole Woodburn kick to tie at 7-7 at the 10:10 mark. In overtime, Davidson’s William Morris caught a nine-yard pass from Taylor Mitchell on their first possession, and Smith’s kick moved the Wildcats ahead 14-7.Kentucky Wesleyan’s scoring opportunity fell short after four plays that resulted into an interception and ended the contest. Dalton threw for 130 yards and one touchdown on 19 of 34 passes and one interception. Xavier Mitchell caught seven passes for 33 yards. David White had 19 carries for 58 yards, and Rameen Lindsey ran 11 times for 23 yards.

The Panthers (1-4) had 220 yards in total offense compared to the Wildcats (1-4) 192.
The Panthers ran off with a big win over UGC where the Panthers beat UGC 42-0. Dalton Oliver had a great day, throwing the football with him throwing for 264 yards, completing 70% of his passes and ending the day with four touchdowns. The dangerous duo Keelan Cole and Xavier Mitchell were close to unstoppable with Cole having five passes for 174 yards and two touchdowns. Xavier Mitchell caught four passes for 92 yards and one touchdown. All of the Panthers Rushers ended up with 30 yards a piece on the day against UGC. The Panthers racked up 450 yards in total offense including 330 passing compared to the Disciples 170. Kentucky Wesleyan (1-4) host Louisiana College (2-4) on Saturday at 1 p.m.

The Panthers need the win to continue their undefeated streak at home. The past year when they went 7-4 as their overall record. For the Homecoming Game, they will play Louisiana College .

You can catch all of Kentucky Wesleyan College home football games will be on WBIO 94.7 FM or on the internet at www.owensbororadio.com. The broadcast starts with the pre-game show at 12:45 p.m. CT for the next five Saturdays. So make sure you keep up with your Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers as they stay Panther Strong.