Sophomore Experience-Hockey

Wilson Buckner, Features Reporter

Kentucky Wesleyan College sponsored another awesome sophomore experience on March 21st with a trip to watch the Nashville Predators. I’ve never been to a professional hockey game before and was really psyched at the chance to go.

We left campus around noon for the drive to Nashville, arriving a few hours ahead of the game. This was perfect because we had the chance to explore the shopping and restaurants that surround the arena in downtown Nashville. Not to knock food at arenas, but the restaurants around the arena offered a wide variety of food types to choose from. For me it was too many choices and because of my A.D.D., I couldn’t decide where to eat. I was ‘that guy’ who made the mistake of having to eat arena food. I started with nachos, then chicken fingers, then a slice of pizza. It was expensive and not that great, but it was better than food at most stadiums.

The Predators were sponsoring a Star Wars appreciation night. Many of the fans came dressed as their favorite Star Wars character. Of course we saw several Darth Vadors and Chewbaccas. Who would ever have thought of a Star Wars theme at a professional hockey game? Not me! But strangely, it made the game even more fun.

The game was a blast! I assumed there is always a fight during a pro hockey game and was was a little disappointed to not see a fight. The Predators took on the Buffalo Sabres and showed them no mercy with a 3-0 win.

I love that Wesleyan offers these events for the student body and never pass up the chance to participate in them. I’m not sure who plans these events but I want to thank them! And beg them to please not stop! I wonder where they’ll take me the next time?