End of Semester Woes

LaDarius Dunn, Staff Writer

It’s coming around the time where the end of the semester is coming up. Even though it’s what every college student wants it is also one of the hardest parts of the school year. Simply because everything is coming down to its last so there will be a lot of make up work due, a long with the work that’s already due. It’s the time of the year where everyone is exhausted because of a long semester. Everybody is going through different circumstances, some are panicking and some are relaxing, depending on how well they are doing in their classes.

There are multiple things that people do to get through the toughest parts of their college careers. This is the time of our lives as college students where we start to actually working on our time management because that is indeed needed in the final couple weeks of school.

Prioritizing is also well needed and this actually goes a long with time management because you are prioritizing what you need to do and when it needs to be done. Especially around this time the best thing to do that is the most lacked because of lack of detail is double looking at your exam times so you won’t forget it because most professors don’t let you make that up. Getting plenty of rest during the beginning of the week is also mandatory so as the end is coming up it is more acceptable for a person to pull an all-nighter.  Even though it’s not heavily recommended it makes the biggest difference if you’re actually being productive. The best thing about the end of the semester is everybody is on the same page, and by saying that I mean everyone is going through the same thing you’re going through. So with that meaning all outside access such as partying are out of commission because everybody is trying to focus on whatever exam they have coming up in the near future.

As we all know finals are the only thing keeping us away from really enjoying our Christmas break. Doing horrible on them would haunt your mind until the next semester but doing really well would give you the best start to your winter break. There are a few things that a person should do whenever preparing for a week full of exams. First and foremost, they should start early. Meaning anything that you have do it as soon as possible so it wouldn’t be a hassle whenever you have something else due that you may have forgot about. Keep in mind during this time there isn’t enough time to do much so all of the extra time you do have from doing work early should result to doing more work that could be done, that’s just getting everything out of the way. The next thing a person should do is create a time study schedule to actually prioritize their time the correct way without wasting it. Splitting the material into chunks you can actually achieve can be very beneficial. That way, you can keep track of what you’ve accomplished instead of looking at the big picture and getting overwhelmed. The last thing I would do is make your own study guide, while many teachers provide a study guide, creating your own can help you understand the material better. Outlining the important information you need to learn can be helpful, both in creation and to refer to during your studies.