KWC Women’s Volleyball Hosts

Alexa Davis, Staff Writer

On Tuesday November 20th Kentucky Wesleyan College’s women’s volleyball team hosted the GMAC first round conference game. In order to host the Lady Panthers had to clinch a
4th seed spot in conference, they completed that challenged on November 16th by defeating Ohio Dominican in 3 sets. This is the first time the women’s volleyball team has hosted since 2013 and
the first time ever to be 4th in conference.

The first-round match was against Cedarville where the winner will make it to the second round and the loser’s season is over. The game started off with a close match going. Almost point per point until Cedarville sealed off the win with a score of 23-25. In the second set the Panthers fought back to redeem themselves in their home court and demolished Cedarville with a final score of 15-25. The third set took off much like the first set with a battle for points with some very long rallies by both teams. The final score for the third set was 23-35 Panthers, all KWC needed was one more set to go to the second round of conference.

The fourth set started off close but soon after KWC’s offense took off and ended the set with a final score of 16-25 Panthers. Senior Jaylen McEwen lead the Panthers with 11 kills while senior Sierra Morrow and sophomore Alexa Davis finished with 8 kills each. Second round of conference will be hosted at Hillsdale Universities campus at 5 o’clock on November 22nd. Hillsdale has an undefeated record in the GMAC and has been undefeated since they joined the conference.