Halloween at KWC

Alexa Davis, Staff Writer

Kentucky Wesleyan College prides itself on being involved within Owensboro’s community, this 2019 Halloween season KWC outdid themselves!!! For most of the week of Halloween KWC’s staff had gone above and beyond to make its students get in the mood for the spooky season. Around campus decorations went up including the front of the Hann Center with spooky spider cobwebs! Along with the spider webs, there were Halloween themed events and posters posted all along the Winchester and Admin building.

Members of resident life had also lent a helping hand in KWC’s efforts. In Stadium Hall, RD Mallory Leucht and her RA’s that work under her had a pumpkin painting contest within Stadium hall and even provided the materials needed! The RD of Deacon, Zachary Lake, and the RA’s under him provided spooky décor all throughout the floors. Deacon also hosted its annual Haunted house, “Haunted Deacon.”

Finally, KWC hosted the annual Trunk or Treat for the local kids in Owensboro in the first-floor Admin. All the clubs and organizations had tables and dressed up in costumes of their choice to hand out candy to the kids. Hosting events like this allows the community around KWC to come and experience what it is like on campus and opens doors for them to get involved. Trunk or Treat was advertised across town and on the local radio stations to get the word out there. Not only did community members come with their children but alumni and current staff brought their kids and got the opportunity to show them where they work. This is another example of how KWC differentiates itself from other universities.