Evansville Otters’ Exhibition Game

Brooke Griffin, Staff Writer

On Friday, May 3, 2019, at 6:35 p.m. the Evansville Otters baseball team will host their annual exhibition benefit game. The Otters will be playing against the Southern Illinois Miners. This year they will be donating 100% of their ticket sales to Jacob’s Village, a community designed to assist adults with functional disabilities. The Evansville Otters and Jacob’s Village have been in a continuing partnership for 15 years now. The Otters are going into their 25th season and Jacob’s Village has been able to be a part of 60% of them.

“Over the time of this partnership, we have raised $190,000 and hopeful that this year we will hit $200,000,” said Jacob’s Village Development Director Laura Hurt.

“We do this because a generous 100% of the sales goes to support Jacob’s Village, and proceeds from this game will allow Jacob’s Village to continue to provide affordable and accessible housing for people with disabilities as well as older adults and to continue to provide a robust programming agenda.”

Jacob’s Village’s mission is to develop a safe, walkable neighborhood community where people with disabilities and older adults can find meaningful relationships, housing that is affordable and accessible, and activities that encourage active minds and bodies. They envision a tri-state community where all people, regardless of age, race, or ability can enjoy a home of their own in a setting that fosters mutually supportive relationships among neighbors, access to services that enable independent living, and social and recreational opportunities that enhance quality of life. For more information about Jacob’s Village, you can visit their website at www.jacobsvillage.org.

The game will feature a “Diamond Dash,” a promotion sponsored by Tracy Zeller Jewelry. The Diamond Dash will give every woman over the age of 18 a chance to go onto the field following the 7th inning to “dash” for a $1,000 Tracy Zeller Jewelry Shopping Spree. Only 25 tickets will have the chance to participate for the chance at the shopping spree. The night will also feature cookies, free popcorn (while supplies last), door prizes, clowns for the kids and much more.

Tickets are just $5 GA, $10 Premium Reserve and $12 VIP and can be purchased at Bosse Field, all Ritzy’s locations and by calling Jacob’s Village at 812-963-5198. The Bosse Field box office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or you can call at 812-435-8686. For more information you can visit the Evansville Otters’ website at www.evansvilleotters.com.