The Importance of Study Tables

La'Darius Dunn, Staff Writer

Study tables could either affect your grade positively or negatively. Study tables have been popular for a number of years at colleges all around simply because it is there to help students. Most students and student athletes don’t like being in study tables but this is a way set them up for their own success. This is especially true for freshmen new to college and who don’t know how to manage their time with everything going on in college such as homework for different classes on top of college life as well. Study tables force you to create good study habits for yourself.

However, there are multiple stereotypes for those having to attend study tables such as, they’re total slackers, underachievers, or students who don’t apply themselves. But in all reality sometimes study tables are often needed for success in college. Every student is different and has different study habits, and study tables gives them the space. Others could study just fine in a group or with a bit of noise; some find it necessary to study in complete silence. These study tables provide extra space with rooms all to yourself so your mind can’t wander. With the percentage of drop-outs in today’s age, I personally think this is the perfect idea for this problem. Study tables in most schools are mostly used for student athletes who do not have enough time because with their sport, they constantly have games and practices.

It is also beneficial for non-athletic students who just have a busy schedule with school and work. Study tables give you the chance to take time out of your day, usually only two hours, of doing something productive. If a person was not in study tables they would probably either be watching television, laying down, or sleeping. This means that all of the time wasted doing nothing, two-three hours could have easily been spent on homework.

Study tables are now evolving much more and the percentage of dropouts are dropping drastically by the year. With this little area of study space, it has all the materials needed such as computers, printers, tutors, and teachers. So, there is no excuse to not be able to do decent at a university. It cannot be expressed enough that having a good study space is more than needed in college. The key to becoming an effective student is learning how to study smarter, not harder. This becomes more and more true as you advance in your education. An hour or two of studying a day is usually always helpful to college students.