Men’s Basketball Falls to Findlay

Fredrick Coleman, Staff Writer

The Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers faced off against University of Findlay on March 1, 2018. Game time started at 7:30 p.m. in Findlay, Ohio, and marked the first round of the playoffs for the Panthers. Findlay managed to hold off Kentucky Wesleyan to win with a final score of 87- 56.

Findlay came into this game eleventh in division 2 basketball. Kentucky Wesleyan finished their season with a (15-16) record.  Findlay’s record after this game was (26-3). Findlay went on a big 18-6 run, then another, which led to a 31-11 lead over the Panthers half-way through the first quarter.

The Panthers were shooting the first half of the game at 29 %. It seems shots were just not going the Panthers’ way during this game. Findlay had a commanding lead in the first half by 32 points. At the end of the first half, the Panthers went on a 14-2 run to decrease Findlay’s lead. This cut Findlay’s lead down to only 20 points before the end of the first half of the game.

Findlay managed to shoot a better percentage from the court than the Panthers. This helped them gain a big lead over the Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers during this game. After a big win over the Panthers, Findlay advanced to the second round of the playoffs. Findlay’s field goal percentage was 423%; their 3-point percentage was .370%, and they managed to make 47 rebounds.

Kentucky Wesleyan’s leading scorer of the game was Evan Milligan, with 18 points in the game. Second leading in scores made was Rasheide Bell, and he counted for 16 of the Panthers’ 56 points. Panthers’ field goal percentage was .317%; their 3-point field goal percentage was .273%, and they made 37 rebounds. Panthers’ leading 3 pointer, Bell, shot at .43%, and their second leader, Milligan, shot at .33%. Third in shooting was Chandler Redix, who shot 25% on 3 -pointers.

Rebound leader for the Panthers, Evan Milligan, rebounded a total of 9 rebounds. Three of these rebounds came from offense, and the other six came from defense. Second rebound leader, Erik Bell, totaled with 7 rebounds, 1 offense rebound, and 6 defense rebounds. The third leader in the rebound category, Dakota Quinn, totaled six rebounds in the game.

This was the last game of the season for the Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers Men’s Basketball team. The Panthers are looking to not make an early exist from the playoffs next year. Good luck to the Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers on their next season!