Men’s Basketball Falls to Malone

Kentucky Wesleyan men’s basketball team played an away game against Malone on February 8th. The Panthers had many players reach double figures in points, which were: Rashiede Bell, 13 points, Dakota Quinn, 12 points, and Malek Harris, 10  points. Malone still managed to come out with the victory over the Panthers.

Malone Pioneers’ overall record is 18-7, and their GMAC conference record is 11-6. Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers’ Overall Record is 14-12, and their GMAC record 8-8. Pioneers capped off a 23-4 run to close out the first half of the game.  In the second half, the Malone Pioneers gained a 76 – 47 lead over the Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers. As soon as the Malone pioneers grabbed a 29-point lead, the Panthers left them scoreless for a few possessions.

The Panthers then went on to have an 11-point straight run to cut into to the Malone Pioneers’ lead. Malone’s Ty Jordan helped the Pioneers stop the Panther’s run with a 3-pointer.  The Pioneers extend their lead by 21 points, before Kentucky Wesleyan started another big run, after a basket was made by Dzierzawski. This run came late in the last 5 minutes of the game, before the Panthers ran out of time.

The Pioneers were shooting a game high of 50% from the field and made 13 three-point baskets. Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers helped the Malone Pioneers make 10 points in the last 10 minutes in the second half.  Dzierzawski scored the most points for the Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers, leading the team with 14 points in the game.  Quinn played a double-double, recording 12 points and 14 rebounds.

Kentucky Wesleyan’s field percentage was a .429. The Panthers’ three-point percentage was .222, which was led by Wesleyan’s Evan Milligan. Their free throw percentage was just over .500 and was led by Daniel Dzierzawski. Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers totaled in 37 rebounds; this was led by Panther Dakota Quinn.

Malone Pioneers were shooting a high of .507 from the field. The Pioneers were shooting a just over .500 for their 3-point percentage, and their free throw percentage was at .625. The Pioneers was recorded for 40 rebounds. Both teams turned the ball over 9 times.  The Panthers recorded for 7 steals and the Malone Pioneers recorded 6 steals.  The Panthers fell to the Pioneers 70-86.

The Panthers’ next game will be at Walsh University, which is another away game. This GMAC conference game is on Saturday, February 9 at 12 P.M.