Men’s Basketball Beats Delta State

Fredrick Coleman, Staff Writer

The Panthers men’s basketball team defense showed a lot of fight versus Delta State in the Thanksgiving Classic. Your Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers were up the whole game. The Panthers had three of their players in double digits. Kentucky Wesleyan men’s basketball team held Delta State to only 17% shooting from the field in the first half of the game. Your Panthers basketball team started out hot from the field hitting 3 out of 4 of their shots.

This then led to a big run by the Kentucky Wesleyan men’s basketball team. They ended on a 22 – 3 run in the first half. The score before half time was 30-17. The Panthers kept a 15-point lead on Delta State. In the second half, the defense from Panthers created 15 turnovers, leading the Panthers to score 19 points from these turnovers.

The Panthers field goal percentage was .469 and Delta State’s field goal percentage was .308. The Panthers also shot a better three-point percentage than Delta State. KWC shot .444% from the 3-point line and Delta State shot .190%. Your Panthers showed a lot of muscle capping off a 30-point lead over Delta State.

This win improved the Panthers’ record to 3-4 for the season and Delta State’s record fell to 2-4.

Rasheide Bell led the Panthers with nineteen points and he played thirteen minutes. The second leading scorer for the Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers, Evan Milligan, finished the game with fourteen points and he played twenty-six minutes. The third leading scorer for the Panthers was Bird Cardwell; he finished the game with seven points and he played twenty-two minutes.