KWC Homecoming 2017

Tyler Martin Miles, Staff Writer

On Saturday August 7, Kentucky Wesleyan College hosted its first annual fall ball. This semi-formal event was put together by student body representatives. This, to me, was a unique event because it’s the first of what KWC plans to make an annual event. Not only was this a unique event, but the venue made it a must attend event. The Owensboro Country Club is located on 117 acres of land with almost unlimited amenities. As the weather changes, the amenities continue to change as well. Summer amenities would include the pool side bar, while the winter includes a PJ party with Santa. All in all, this is a beautiful facility. The Owensboro Country Club has small and large banquet and meeting rooms so any event can be booked.

This event was well-planned and put together. I want to say thank you to everyone that contributed to helping my fellow classmates enjoy homecoming with this event. I am looking for more in the future!

Overall, homecoming was interesting. The annual homecoming reveal was at half time of Saturday’s football game. Although rain trickled a bit, that didn’t stop Lucas Butler from being crowned this year’s homecoming king. On the women’s side the astounding Ms. Hannah Mull slid into first place, winning homecoming queen, while Kara Kelley brought home the princess crown. She was accompanied by Johnothan Reynolds who won homecoming prince.

The Panther Cup (team event held the week of homecoming) winners were the mean homies of Team Anger Management, Lucas Butler, Thomas Roth, Josiah Bonebrake, and Ellis Jacobs.