Black Student Union to Host Annual Water Day

With the semester winding down and students in full work mode with finals approaching, some students may need a day off to have some fun and relieve some stress of their mind of all the work that has to be done to finish the semester off right. BSU understands the struggle it can be around this time of the semester, and in case you haven’t been informed, Black Student Union, a student ran organization on Kentucky Wesleyan’s Campus, is throwing its annual Water Day on campus! Every year BSU gets together and puts together this fun and exciting event in a time of stressful thoughts because of make-up work, study sessions for finals, and preparation for students to start packing their belongings and head home for the summer.  Students may feel the need for something of this sort to find their happiness in a time where there’s not much to be happy about.

The event is on Sunday, April 23, 2017, and is being held on Kentucky Wesleyan’s campus in the Quad area from 1 PM to 5 PM. The event is open for all to come out and enjoy themselves with some of your fellow Panther students and even the staff is welcomed as well. The annual water day is all fun and games. There will be water slides, water kickball, even water balloon dodgeball, and more activities that will be very competitive at the event. So if you do plan on coming, bring your competitive nature with you unless you plan on getting smacked with a water balloon!

Did I mention the free food that they will also be providing for those who come out and be a part of this fun in the sun event? There will be hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, drinks, sweets, etc. Your nutritional needs will be well taken care of. All types of food will be provided and who doesn’t like free food? BSU knows no one wants to be out in the sun playing around on an empty stomach.

BSU also gives out prizes for those who compete and win the games that take place in the event. You never know what you might win! All these things such as games, food, drinks, and prizes will be available for you all.

With finals week approaching, all the students and even teachers on campus are in a frenzy because in one week the semester will be over. The stress of the week going into finals is known throughout college campuses globally. Students are rushing to turn in last minute assignments and also have to study for the final exams that are approaching. What better thing to do on a nice hot Sunday then taking a break from working and studying to slide down a huge water slide,

dodging or getting soaked by water balloons, or being a part of a team and taking down an opponent in water kickball!

Black Student Union is very thoughtful for the throwing this event, and also their sponsor St. Jude’s, which is a child oriented charity, deserving of thanks and credit for the kindness of supporting this event. BSU has been blessed with St. Jude’s and is thankful for the help they have given with funding this event.

If you are stressing over this last course of the semester, don’t be shy— this isn’t something you want to miss out on! Black Student Union is throwing their yearly Water Day event in the Quad this upcoming Sunday to provide students and faculty with some fun before the start of finals week. So come out and get soaked with Black Student Union!