KWC Tennis Crushes Oakland City

Travell Brown, Staff Writer

Through 9 matches this past Saturday evening, the Kentucky Wesleyan College Womens Tennis team earned its first win of the spring season by, defeating Oakland City University 9-0.
            Kentucky Wesleyan 9, Oakland City 0 read the score cards when all the matches were all said and done!
In the Singles match ups Kentucky Wesleyan Women Tennis dominated the event. Elizabeth Clayton of Kentucky Wesleyan College defeated Chelsea Doty of Oakland City University by a score of 8-2. Elizabeth Greer of Kentucky Wesleyan College got a win that couldn’t have come more easily, as she defeated Olivia Carroll of Oakland City University by default. Hanna Blythe of Kentucky Wesleyan defeated Kenzie Rudolph of Oakland City University by a score of 8-0. Abby Meyer of Kentucky Wesleyan College and the school’s fourth win of the day came at the dispense of Madison Brooks of Oakland City University by a score of 8-1. Kentucky Wesleyan’s fifth win of the day came in dominating fashion as Eva Sampson defeated Jailyn Brantley of Oakland City University by a score of 8-1. To conclude the single matches of the day Katie Laughlin of Kentucky Wesleyan College picked up an easy victory against (No Player) that was represented by Oakland City University by default.
In the Doubles matchups event, Kentucky Wesleyan College Women’s Tennis team never let up as they swept Oakland City University for the day!
Clayton and Laughlin of Kentucky Wesleyan College defeated Doty and Carroll of Oakland City University by a score of 8-2. In the second matchup of the day Greer and Gossett of Kentucky Wesleyan College defeated Rudolph and Brooks of Oakland City University by a score of 8-1. In the third and final matchup of the day Sampson and Blythe of Kentucky Wesleyan College defeated Brantley and No Player of Oakland City University by default.
The Panthers will be back in action on April 1 as they head to Cedarville to take on the Yellow Jackets in a Great Midwest Athletic Conference match set for 12 pm CT.