KWC Men’s Basketball

The month of February has been good for the Kentucky Wesleyan College Men’s Basketball team. The KWC Men’s Basketball team is on a 20 game winning streak. The team won 3 of those 20 in February.

The first game of the month was on February 2 versus Malone. The team was shooting 60.6 percent in the first half of the game and the second half the team was shooting 50 percent. The total percent of the first game’s shooting was approximately about 55.6 for the whole game.  Over half of the men’s basketball team shots were going in the hoop. Opposing team Malone was shooting from the first half was 46.43 and in the second half, Malone was shooting about 50 percent.  This game was a nail bitter with an ending score of 88-84.

The second game was February 4. This game wasn’t even close, with the KWC Men winning by a large margin at 119 – 70 against Oakland City. This is the largest margin that the Panthers have won by this year. The Panthers were shooting 76.47 percent the first half of this game and the second half they were shooting 56.10. The Panthers’ total shooting of the game was 65.3, a rise from their first game’s shooting by 9.7.

The men’s basketball team showed complete dominance during this game, with 56 points being the largest lead of the game.

If the Panthers continue to play this way they’re going to easily make it to the playoffs. The Panther’s bench scored 48 of the 119 points, this means there was not a big drop from first team and second team. The KWC Panthers are Number 1 in the G-Mac standing. The Panthers were shooting 66.67 percent from the 3-point line the first half and then 42.86 percent in the second half. The men’s basketball team has done an outstanding job from the 3-point line. The Panthers finished the game shooting a high of 42.86.

There has been an outstanding performance from Senior Ken-Jah Bosley who, after helping the KWC Men’s basketball team for 2-0 this past week, was named the Great Midwest Athlete Conference Men’s Basketball Athlete of the Week for the second time this season.

Bosley dropped 29 points at Alderson Broaddus on Thursday, followed by 32 points against Davis & Elkins.  He has now reached 20 points in a game eight times this season, and 30 points twice.  On the Thursday win over the Battlers, Bosley was 17-for-18 from the free throw line.  During the week, he averaged 6.0 rebounds per game while tabbing four steals and three assists.

In the Kentucky Wesleyan Men’s Basketball record’s book, Bosley currently ranks fifth in all-time scoring with 1,989 career points.

Bosley and the Panthers return home next week to host a pair of G-MAC games starting on Thursday, Feb. 16 against Cedarville at 7:45 pm.  Saturday, Feb. 18, marks Senior Day for the Panthers as they host Ohio Valley at 3:15 pm CT.  Kentucky Wesleyan clinched the top spot in the G-MAC this weekend and the right to host the Conference Tournament March 2-4 at the Owensboro Sports Center.