SAPB Presents: February Events Happening on Campus

The month of February at Kentucky Wesleyan College will be one for the books. It is filled with all types of fun and exciting activities. From stuffing your own animal, to K-Dub Idol, and even having a Black History Game Show to celebrate Black History. This month will be one that the students will definitely remember, but in doing so you have to be informed. Let this article assist you.

February is known for Valentine’s Day, which is February 14th. A lot of people around the world seem to find themselves scrambling to find gifts and spending money that they don’t have to impress a lover or friend. Here at K-Dub we have something special going on for just that purpose. On February 6th, K-Dub will be hosting its very own, “Stuff Your Own Animal” (like Build-A-Bear) on campus. This event will be held in Rogers Hall, located in the Winchester Building, from 11am-3pm. This activity will be free to students!!! The school has ordered 250 animals and you not only can give it to the love of your life or maybe a close friend, but students will also have an option to donate your stuffed animal to a homeless shelter. Don’t worry about any left overs, any bears left un-stuffed will be stuffed by staff and donated to the homeless shelter.

Kentucky Wesleyan College will be hosting its very own K-Dub Idol, similar to the well-known American Idol show. K-Dub Idol will have 3 separate dates where the event will take place.     K-Dub Idol will be hosted in Rogers Hall at 9pm on February 7th, 14th, and 21st. Just to give you a sneak peek on the type of contest that will be held on the dates are, February 7th is Diversity Week, February 14th is Love Songs Week, and Feb 21st each contestant will draw a theme from a hat. The winner of the contest will receive $250. The runner-up will receive $100.

February is known for its world-wide celebration of Black History Month, and what better way than to follow that up by joining the Black History Game Show! The Game Show will be similar to the famous TV show “Jeopardy.” This will be big for campus knowing that this is the month that celebrates Black History and knowing who has knowledge on the subject. There are cash prizes and this event will take place in Rogers Hall at 9pm.

Sophomore’s do you feel like you are in the stage of your Sophomore Slump and the activities you are a part of are limited? Commuter students do you feel like you don’t get as much love as the students on campus here at KWC? On February 16th the sophomore class and commuter students will sponsor the basketball games (men and women) at 5:30pm/7:45pm!

Also on February 17th, KWC will be having its famous “Midnight Movie” event at the Malco Theater. KWC offers all students a chance to choose their choice of movie to watch for the Midnight Movie event. Don’t know how to find out where to choose the movie of your choice? Simply check your email (@kwc) and look for an email sent by “SAPB.” If you have a hard time finding the email, make sure to check your “Clutter” folder in the inbox. Midnight Movie surveys are sent out after 3pm on the Monday before the movie date.

As you can see, February will be filled with fun and exciting stuff dealing with campus life and you don’t want to miss out! If you need more information on these activities and events please feel free to contact Morgan Oakley at moakley@kwc.edu or call (270)-852-3286.